There are around 7,000 poisonous snake bites cases that were reported in America each year. Snakebites have been known to be deadly. It can actually result in allergic reaction and infection, for worst, unexpected death. The victim has only 10 minutes, even though it depends on how poisonous the snake is and much venom has been injected.
As long as you are bitten by a snake, it is advised to get a fast medical aid if possible. Your life will be at risk if you are bitten by a harmless snake or a poisonous one.
Fortunately, there are home remedies that are within your reach if you or anyone in your family was bitten by a snake. Here are the things that you need to do:
Call an ambulance
- If the snake has been considered as poisonous.
- If the victim has trouble in breathing.
- If the victim loses consciousness.
Protect the victim
- Explain to the medical staff that not all are poisonous in order to lessen chaos and panic.
- Gradually move the victim away from the snake.
- Position the victim with the wound below the heart.
- You need to make sure that the victim rests and is calmed down in order to keep the venom from spreading.
- Wrap the wound with a sterile bandage, take any jewelry from the snake bite area or get rid the shoes if the foot were bitten.
Things that discourage:
- Cut a bitten wound.
- Try to suck out the venom.
- Apply a tourniquet, ice or water.
- Give the person alcohol or caffeinated drinks or any other medications.